How to launch a Bounty Network: Step-by-step guide for promoters
In this guide, we’ll cover every step you need to take in order to launch your own Bounty Network.
First, it’s important to mention that the decentralized framework is delivered by the following 3 main components:
- GitHub Bot — This connects to all the GitHub repositories and manages integration between the protocol and promoter repositories.
- Web Application — To allow the bounty promoters to open bounties, lock tokens to be curators on the protocol, manage disputes, and reward distributions.
- Bepro Protocol — A smart contract deployed on the bounty promoter EVM where all the dispute/settlement infrastructures are executed.
Through a bounty network, organizations can create and manage bounties using their own token, USDC, or any other ERC-20 token as the payment currency. The protocol requires GitHub in order to function and manage pull requests, issues and branches.
Step-by-step guide to launch a Bounty Network
With that said, here’s how to create a Bounty Network:
- Head over to https://app.bepro.network/
- On the top right corner, click on “New Network”
Step 1) Lock BEPRO
You’ll need to lock $BEPRO tokens in order to create a network. Add funds to your wallet, input the amount and click “APPROVE”. You will see a 100% completed BEPRO locked bar once the transaction is completed.
Step 2) Set the Network Information
- Upload your logo icon and full logo.
- Choose the name to be displayed.
- Add a description of your company and bounty network.
Step 3) Add your preferred Network Settings
- Network colours: pick the primary, secondary, and oracle colours to match your brand design. Clicking on “more colours” will provide even more options to edit: text, background, status colours, and more.
- Fees: These fields indicate the treasury address and both the cancel and closing fees. Cannot be changed, only for reference.
- Other settings: Over here you can set the dispute time, the percentage oracles need to open a dispute, draft time (how long a bounty will stay in draft after it’s created) and the council amount (the amount of tokens an individual council member needs to have in order to make proposals and bounty revisions).
Step 4) Add your repositories
- Select the repositories you want to work on.
- bepro-bot: Ticking the box will allow the bepro-bot to work as a maintainer (for eg., the bot will notify users whenever someone starts working on a bounty).
Step 5) Token configuration
- Select the network token: The dropdown menu provides a list of all the accepted tokens. You can also add your own token (ERC-20).
- NFT Token Address: You can also choose to issue an NFT as a certificate of work. Developers who complete the issue will receive an NFT token. In order to do so, click on “Deploy New NFT Token”. Chose a name and symbol for the NFT and click “confirm”. This will prompt a transaction window to appear with the current status information. Once completed, the window will disappear and the NFT Token Address field will be populated.
After you fill in all the details, click on “CREATE NETWORK”. A deploying status will appear on the screen, so please wait patiently and do not close the window. Once completed, you’ll be redirected to your Bounty Network homepage.
Follow-up read: How to launch a bounty
What are the benefits of a custom Bounty Network?
A Bounty Network allows any Organization, DAO and Protocol to use their own branding and community.
A customized bounty network lets you create and manage bounties using your own token, USDC, or any other ERC-20 token as the payment currency.
You can also choose your own curators or delegate the responsibility of reviewing and creating bounty distribution proposals to the community, using your own token as the curation mechanism.
In short, a Bounty Network allows for the decentralization of development within a project while also compensating developers for their contributions.
“The only way you can predict the future is to build it.” — Alan Kay
Welcome to the future of work. Launch your custom Bounty Network today
About Bepro Network
Bepro is a bounty network platform to help organizations manage their decentralized development.
We simplified the process of launching multiple development bounties, managing disputes, and rewarding collaboration using smart contracts to handle payments.